Saturday, April 23, 2016

Rest day - well, sort of.


Felt a little tired today, and I have to work tomorrow, so I didn't do too much in the garden today. I planted some spinach, transplanted a nectarine from a path in the newly- laid out vegetable garden into a large pot, (hope it survives) and planted ranunculus into the vegetable area to provide some colour there in spring. The photos here are of the crabapples ("Jelly King") and some lovely softly- coloured dahlias. I don't know the name of the pale pink one, but the pale orange one is "Shoreward Peach". Finally this is blooming! Twice before I have bought this one, only for it to turn out to be mislabelled. The first time I got a dark red dahlia, the second time a greeny-yellowy one that I didn't like at all - a very harsh colour and difficult to place in a border as it goes with nothing else. This is pretty though, worth waiting for.


No comments:

Post a Comment