Saturday, August 25, 2012

Nice day

Weather-wise anyway. Yesterday was gorgeous, very warm and daffodils all springing about. Busy in the Gardens, lots of people out enjoying the sun. I sat in the Rose Garden before work, basking in the early morning sun. Only spoiled by four weird lone men, one a stoner/street kid who I've seen before who just wanders aimlessly about, another a creepy guy who is a regular (pretends he can't talk and writes his name on things, so we know who he is - a  petty criminal with a nasty streak) and two others that I hadn't seen before. There does seem to be more crazies about lately; I guess their usual support networks (family, mainly) are struggling with other problems now and the crazy relative is the straw that breaks the camel's back.  The cheaper rentals and hostels have disappeared with the quakes. so there's fewer places to stay when the psychiatric hospital turfs them out at the end of their "treatment".
    Work today too. Feel like I need a holiday, perhaps I'll go away for the day tomorrow, seeing as how the painter dudes will be here all day. I don't know how people can stand to have major renovations done, I feel for those who have had to live like this for the last two years, in quake damaged houses and gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment