Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cold and miserable

Cold, miserable day today. Spent some of it chopping back some roses and plants growing next to the house so that the painters can get to the walls. The windows they masked off have come unmasked in the wind - hope this is not an indication of the future standard of work. They arrive tomorrow at 8.00, unless it's pouring with rain.
     I've also moved a lot of knick-knacks, pictures, etc out of the rooms they will be doing up. Decided to get rid of some of Mum's old books that I've had here since she died. Made me feel guilty, I could hear her telling me off, but some of them are falling apart or are so void of interest to me that I will never read them. Sorry Mum, I can't keep everything. And it's not like you're coming back.
    Shoved lots of stuff into the wardrobe in the spare room. It's packed to the gunnels now, hope I won't need anything out of it. I've got a small box with everyday stuff in - hairbrush, perfume, deodorant, alarm clock - so that I won't need to hunt for them wherever I am in the house. Don't know yet where I will sleep, probably move from room to room on my small mattress. Can't say this appeals much.
    Going to watch the TV news now, see what has happened. Death, murder, and sport. How depressing. I feel a viewing of Room with a view coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment