Friday, October 5, 2012

Rain, rain

I was going to go on a walk this afternoon, along the Avon River, with a group looking at where the new river park might be. This is the area which received some of the worst shaking/liquefaction during the quake, and where many houses have been or will be demolished. The group, Avon-Otakaro Network, are pushing for this area to be made into a public park, as a way of preserving the many heritage trees and gardens there.  But it's not very good weather-wise; a southwesterly front has just blown in. Typical spring weather, raining one minute, brilliant sunshine the next, "tears and smiles" weather, like a toddler having a tantrum then forgetting about it five minutes later. I've taken the day off to do the walk (normally this would be a work day), but it's too cold for me; I'm such a wimp. But fear not, no doubt I'll spend the rest of the day lacerating myself with guilt for being such a milquetoast-pantywaist-poor spirit. I'll have to find a particularly obnoxious chore to expiate the guilt. I must have been a Catholic nun in another life.

No comments:

Post a Comment