Tuesday, October 30, 2012

R.I.P.


Had to say goodbye to an old friend today. My lovely lemon bush has carked it, probably because of the very cold temperatures this winter, plus the broken guttering dumping cold water on it repeatedly. So here is whats left, and the ultimate destination of us all; the rubbish bin. And the stump is still there. It might come up again, but I doubt it. The soil there is very wet. I've planted a little lavandula dentata there but it may be too wet for this too at the moment, until I get the guttering fixed. Lemons are so useful, for sweet dishes and savoury, drinks and sauces and cakes. I will get another one, but don't really have a sunny enough place now. Perhaps pot one, and then transfer it once the guttering is fixed and the shade from the pear tree has been trimmed away.

 
Here's one of the first roses, Mme. Pierre Ogier, a Bourbon rose with a real attar of rose fragrance. With my little bit of Carlton ware and a church fair doily.

 
Pumpkin 'Baby bear' planted on top of one of Thomas' rats. I also planted Minibelle tomatoes and two courgettes and a pepper 

 
Another nice iris, don't know what it's called.

No comments:

Post a Comment