Saturday, January 5, 2013

A day in the life

Woke with good intentions of getting lots of 'stuff' done today - you know, stuff like clearing out drawers, getting tidy in the garage, etc.etc. but it turned out I couldn't be bothered doing 'stuff'. So I've done stuff all instead.
    I did plant some vegetables out and tidy the garden a bit, and make some blackcurrant jam (my own blackcurrants) so I have achieved something. Ate healthy meals (only one serving of icecream for dessert) and played with the cats, both chronic attention seekers who get bored if they aren't sleeping.   
    Watched a documentary on youTube about Roman building techniques (Nat Geo). Good info but bloody awful soundtrack, almost drowning out the commentary at times. Grandiose tumescent music to signify to even the dullest mind that "this was the grandeur that was Rome!!!" and oversimplified statements -  documentaries must have 'spin' now, they have to be cinematic and OTT.   And they repeat themselves, reiterating what they've just told us ten minutes ago as if our attention spans are miniscule.  I hate being patronized, as if I was too stupid to understand long words or subtle concepts, as if I were some dumbster who normally only watches America's Stupidest Home Videos. If I was that person, would I be watching a doco on Roman engineering and architecture? Would I have the slightest interest in any subject that wasn't America's Stupidest Home Videos? Tchah.

No comments:

Post a Comment