Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Why am I still surfing the Net at 10.59pm?

Saw a funny cartoon recently. A little rabbit is surfing the net; he sees what the time is, says "It's so late! Why do I stay up and surf the Net instead of going to bed?" Next picture he's googling "Why do I stay up and surf the Net instead of going to bed?".
  I know why I do it. It's because if I go to bed and go to sleep the next thing I know it will be tomorrow morning and I'll have to get up early and go to work. It will be tomorrow eventually anyway, but if I stay up I can sort of see it coming, so it seems less traumatic somehow. God, that bloody alarm clock. No wonder we're all stressed. Is there anything worse than being woken artificially? We start the day with a jet of adrenalin and that can't be good, surely. I want a medical study carried out on how alarm clocks are dangerous to our health. How many lives are shortened because of that first thing in the morning fight-or-flight response?  It's groundhog day over and over again.
    "Put your tiny hand in mine....."
(or  "Half-past five, stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition...")

No comments:

Post a Comment