Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ha ha!

Reading things today that made me laugh.

One was my fault: 'North Korea places South Island in crosshairs" said the headline. Or so I thought. Blimey, thought I, what have we done to offend them? Perhaps they're trying to engineer a border incident? Show them a map or send them a diplomatic mission, quickly. No, it's south island not South Island. Doh.
  And someone's typo had them selling a CD of Sting's "Fields of golf". I suppose he is getting older and more conservative now. Tantric golf? He can go all day.
  Misread titles are the reader's equivalent of misheard lyrics. It's why you always read shopfitter as shoplifter. My worst misread was 'You've got the clap' for a children's tape called 'You've got to clap".
   I suppose that's better than "You've got to crap."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment