Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Not much to report

See title above. One of those days when I seem to spend a lot of time and energy accomplishing nothing. Very cold night last night, our first real winter's night, loads of hail that hung around, still thick on the ground this morning:-

 
Thomas thought it was great fun, though
 
 
I stayed in bed till late, so missed the coldest part of the day. The cats are driving me to drink at the moment, the cold weather is making them eat their heads off. Even as I write Emma is howling for food, but she's had heaps already tonight. Gardening was postponed for today, it's not much fun digging into ice. The only thing I really got done was the supermarket shopping. How depressing. I thought I'd bought wisely and the final amount would be smaller than usual but no. A whopping great $107.00. Where does it all go to? I'll have to try and buy nothing but the most basic items - no coffee, no wine, no fruit, no meat, no fish and just eat rice and baked beans.  Somehow this does not appeal at all.
I'm watching "Babette's Feast" on DVD at the moment, so that doesn't help either. First saw this many years ago, it's even better the second time round. There is a horrible sort of stew made of dried cod, stale bread and flat ale, boiled for hours and served up that makes the viewer go Ewwww! I bet the Danish Culinary Society hated this movie. Read a funny thing the other day (wish I could remember where) that Europe is divided between the cod people (Northern) and the sardine people (Southern). Hmm.
 
 
 
 


 
 
.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on cold weather and the cats. Both Jazz n Jewel have become bottomless pits, to the point that they have taken to indicating around 3am they they are in need of sustenance. Which they don't receive.
    That looks like quite a hail storm. Urk.

    ReplyDelete