Thursday, March 27, 2014

Busy day




Bought another chip for my camera, room for 1400 images! These are just some experimental shots to see if it's working OK. Seems to be. Thomas is out of focus but that's me not the camera.


Even had time to plant a few bulbs. Not going crazy over bulbs this year, I've spent enough on the trip and things associated with it. There's always something you need, new socks or a new bra, batteries for the torch, plus a whole lot of catfood for Thomas. I wish I could take him, I'll miss having a cat around. I'll try and find an Italian cat, the Italians are keen on cats, and there are several public refuges for strays where the cats live within a fenced area and are fed every day by volunteers. There's one in Rome in an old temple in Via Arenula; the cats sit on the warm stones and have a lovely life. The temple complex is below the road level so the cats are enclosed (well, as much as you can enclose a cat).
http://www.romancats.com/index_eng.php

 I once tried to feed a cat in San Gimignano; I offered him some processed cheese from my sandwich. You would have thought I'd offered him fresh excrement judging by the look on his face! Wow, even the cats are gourmets in Italy.


3 comments:

  1. Stunning dahlias. I have gone overboard on bulbs this year. Again. And in my experience many cats are, or would like to be, gourmet eaters. We had one who was very partial to avocado - but wouldn't eat it if it had any brown spots. Only perfect fruit for him...
    You must be starting to get v excited now. And I am looking forward to reading about your trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocado?! We had an old ginger tom once who was addicted to fruit cake - he could sniff it out from metres away, you couldn't leave a piece of fruit cake unatttended at any time. Thomas won't eat from a dirty plate or where the floor hasn't been washed. And yet he'll eat rats and mice, which must pong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to the cat sanctuary in Rome ... Via Argentina possibly? But it was raining and they were nearly all hiding. Where are you staying in Rome?

    ReplyDelete