Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Eccentric delphinium


This is a nutty delphinium; it flowers when others don't. Last year it flowered in early spring, this year in autumn.


Here's a picture of my cavolo nero and Roma tomatoes. The dark green and bright red make a nice contrast.

Only 10 days now till flyday. I've got to haul down my suitcase and do a practice pack to see what I need to get before I go. Get Thomas' food, inform the vet and clean the house up for the person who will be housesitting/cat-caring. Get my hair done. Check my itinerary yet again. And again. Make up a little parcel of things and "where to contact" to leave with a friend. Buy a new daypack because my old one is so filthy it probably won't be allowed on the plane. Enter contacts in my diary, with a daily to-do list for planning on-going transport. Buy a new chip for my camera. Take pictures of my garden to share with any keen Italian gardeners I might meet. Return my library books. Etc, etc. Check the bus timetable for getting to the airport.
Hopefully, I'll be so knackered by the time I fly off that I'll sleep for a few hours, after the adrenaline has worn off.

4 comments:

  1. Excitement (and stress).
    Love the cavolo nero and tomatoes.
    Our garden has gone a bit weird. We have a crocus out - about six months to early, and daffodil and ranuncula shoots coming out of the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be climate change, things are odd growth and weather-wise.

      Delete
  2. A year next week since we went to Italy!
    So wish we were heading off again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That year went fast! But you will go again, I'm sure.

      Delete