Monday, March 24, 2014

Mad

Being driven mad by anxiety about the trip, lying awake at night. What have I not done? I'm reminded of that bit in the Anglican service of General Confession of Sins - "we have done that which we ought not to have done, and have left undone that which we ought". Next time, I'll just grab passport, ticket and money and fly away. I hate this time just before departure, it's nervewracking. It's playing hell with my stomach too, which always happens when I get nervy. And I want to snap at everyone. Ridiculous woman, I should be happy, but...all I can think of is why the hell am I doing this? I'll know when I get there of course but now, at this end of the journey?  I don't know if I'll be able to blog from Italy, hopefully I will, but now I'm thinking should I buy an i-Pad? Lots of places have wi-fi which is OK if you have a device with you. I really can't afford one, so you may all have to wait until I get back before I can put up pictures, etc.
  Rats. Speaking of which, my in-house vermin destruction machine, Thomas, has caught four rats and three mice over the last two weeks. Such a clever boy! He likes to leave them on the kitchen doorstep so I'll see them straight away in the morning, and give him a big thank-you fuss session. Thanks, Thomas.

5 comments:

  1. Thomas is a star. And considerably less lazy than the moggies who live here.
    I hope your poor tujmmy settles down soon. I am a chronic pre-trip panicker myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone with the trip heebee-jeebies.

      Delete
  2. I was literally a screaming mess before we went away last year. Once we went away I was fine. An i-pad is nice to have when travelling but not essential. Can't wait to hear all about it and see photos though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, librarygirl. I think I'll need another holiday when this one is over!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete