Thursday, April 26, 2012

Damn jam

Yet another dismal failure on the jam/jelly front. Used the recipe called no-strain quince jelly; no jelly, just a quince syrup. Whole quinces nicely cooked, though, very delish. I've bottled the syrup to have like blackcurrant syrup, with hot water in winter or white wine or soda in summer (if it lasts this long).
Probably failed because I didn't cook it hot enough, but all that hot lava-like stuff scares me. Blast and damn, bloody jam!
    Big weekend planned. Hope to harvest potatoes, apples and chilean guavas, clean out the garage, tidy the front garden, make chutney - pear and fennel seed, my favourite - do some painting/drawing, put my photographs on the hard drive and plan my next trip to Italy. Very ambitious, and will probably spend the weekend in bed, exhausted by just thinking about it. Ha, the best laid plans will aft gang aglae.

No comments:

Post a Comment