Sunday, April 15, 2012

Going to the Opawa market

Took my new marketing bag out to the Opawa market this morning. Yummy food, all in shades of brown, appropriate for autumn. So brunch was : Walnut and honey bread from Nikau Bakers, paired with pear, pistacio and feta dip from the Volcano, finished off with a chocolate brownie from She Chocolat and some caramelized peanuts from the nut man. God, I love food, and if I was fool enough to post my photo on this blog you could see that for yourself. Sumptuous, Junoesque, zaftig and getting more so.
 Started cleaning up the garden by taking out the old tomato plants. They've stopped growing now and look awful, so its good to have them away. Quite a lot of tomatoes this year in spite of it being a cold, wet summer. Will make green tomato chutney with the unripe ones. Damn, I've started talking about food again!

No comments:

Post a Comment