Monday, September 23, 2013

aaaargh!

Just come back from the car mechanics. After assuring me this morning that it would be ready by 4.00  I arrive at 4.30 - 'oh, we're not finished yet - we've forgotten to replace the park light'. 15 minutes later - 'we don't have the right size in stock, can you bring the car back tomorrow?' No, I can't, I'm totally fed up with the whole thing, having had to wait for a bus and walk half a mile in the freezing cold, through the zone of destruction that used to be a city. I took it to this garage because in the past they've been good, but the boss is on holiday this week (just my luck) so everything is all ahoo. So now I still don't have a warrantable car (no park light, which I never use anyway), and will have to get it fixed and warranted hopefully back at the original place (which was too busy the other day to do it within a week). And as I left, the mechanic told me that my battery needed replacing too, it's old and past its best, hoping no doubt that I would change my mind and leave the car overnight again. No. I was not in the mood for doing this all again tomorrow. Was he trying to drum up custom? They can't deal with what they have now. $555.00 and the car still doesn't have a warrant, and still needs more work!
  And the weather is lousy, Emma has just sicked up violently (poor babe, it's not her fault) and still we have the trauma of the vet and the tooth removal on Thursday to go through. And my holiday is nearly over, and soon I'll be back at work, which I loathe, and it will be the school bloody holidays again, with the nasty kiddies and their even nastier mothers. I'm starting to find that I can't understand what people are saying to me, they seem to gabble in a mock English. And I feel I'm being lied to, all the time, by everyone.
  Life sucks. I am so over it.

1 comment:

  1. Aaargh indeed. Sometimes life is a game I just don't want to play anymore. (And who keeps changing the rules?)

    ReplyDelete