Thursday, September 12, 2013

Villa I Cancelli

On a continuing conventual note, I have been accepted into the convent of the Suore Orsoline di San Carlo. No, not as a postulant, but as a paying guest. I found the Villa I Cancelli on a site called Monastery Stays, which offers convent and monastery accommodation for travellers in Italy. I stayed in a convent in Venice using the same website, and it was great. It's particularly good for women travelling alone, no strange men trying to get into your room or steal your stuff. Very clean, well-situated with breakfast included in the price, which is very reasonable. There is usually a curfew, very strictly applied, but if you're not a nightclubber/party dude this is fine. I'm usually so tired from sightseeing that an early night is all I want.
    Villa I Cancelli is up in the hills to the north of Florence, a part of the city that I had no time to explore last time I was there. Google Villa I Cancelli Florence and drool.

2 comments: