Thursday, September 19, 2013

Not a great day

   1) Today my car failed its warrant of fitness, and has to have fairly major surgery before it can get another, so I'm carless until Monday when it can be fixed. All of the mechanics in Christchurch are flat out; our crappy roads are playing with people's suspensions, CV joints, wheels and tyres.
   2) Emma, my old cat, has to have surgery to remove a very rotten tooth. This will happen next Thursday. In the meantime I have to pump her up with drugs to get rid of the infection in her nasal tubes. I took her to the vet tonight, and she had to be 'burritoed', wrapped in a towel so that she wouldn't scratch everyone within a paw's length radius. This is very unusual for Em, she's ususally pretty good, but she must have been in a lot of pain with her tooth - her face has swollen up on that side. When I put her back in her carrier she just slumped into an exhausted sleep from the stress of it all.
   3) Someone left a message on my phone. "Oh, good" I said to myself, thinking to hear a friend's voice. No, it was some bloody automatic message endorsing a candidate for the local council. Well, I surely won't be voting for her.
   4) The men doing the wastewater system are still here, and they've destroyed a clump of daffodils growing outside on the berm. I noticed they were inside the neighbour's garden this afternoon, so my garden is next. I'll be so pissed off if they destroy anything. The fall-out from the earthquake just goes on and on. I know a clump of daffodils is not much compared to 185 lives, but it does seem symbolic somehow.
  "Fair daffodils, we weep to see you dug up by a bunch of insensitive clods in high-vis".
  5) I won nothing on Lotto. Again.

2 comments:

  1. Never mind not great, that is a truly awful day. And yes I know that relatively speaking they are minor issues - but they don't feel minor. At all.
    I hope tomorrow is much, much better. And good luck for Emma's surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's good to know that someone is there.

      Delete