Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cyber world

Had to change my browser - don't really understand the whole browser thing, but my Blogger template looks odd ("unsupported browser" apparently) and Blogger recommended I use another browser, so I've gone with Chrome. Weird thing was there was a Windows update yesterday, after which the Blogger site started doing weird things, displayed a cryptic error message, something about my run time not being compatible with my ghs.exec.html. Doh??? as Homer Simpson would say. I hate the way all these things happen behind the scenes; it's like your car suddenly decided to become a different make and model, all on its own, and now the gears are column change and manual.
  So if this displays funny at your end please let me know.
  Sadly, the blackbird's nest is gone. Himself got up there this morning and pulled the nest down, with the poor birds unable to stop him. I guess this is just nature taking its course; birds are programmed to nest, but cats are programmed to hunt. He's now sleeping the sweet sleep of the unguilty and untroubled on my bed. Pity I can't reprogramme his browser too.

1 comment:

  1. The template looks fine. And I share your pain at the behind the scenes, incomprehensible (to me) things which happen. And Tom is no doubt sleeping bathed in satisfaction. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete