Monday, December 2, 2013

Thomas with Graham Thomas


'Graham Thomas' has gone a bit mad the last few days, so I picked a big bunch for the house. Thomas happened to be sprawled out on the carpet so I got them both together. Thom's such a good cat, he sleeps quietly on my bed some nights, but sometimes makes me feel too hot then I put him in the living room to sleep; he doesn't seem to mind where he's put, so easy-going. He's being a great hunter at the moment. A blackbird has made her nest in the plum tree, so he goes up to see her; I hear the poor bird's alarm call and rush out with the twiddle-stick to distract him. (Twiddle-stick; an old piece of stick I use to run over the lawn imitating a mouse). So far, so good, but I don't hold out any hope for the blackbird chicks. Thom knows just where to find them when he wants them.
  Watching the second series of 'Sherlock' at the moment, I didn't see it when it was on TV. It's highly enjoyable, very escapist stuff. I've just watched the one with Irene Adler, tonight it's the Baskerville Hounds getting the treatment. And ooo, that evil Moriarty!

2 comments:

  1. Love both the Toms. And invested in a pump action water pistol for discouraging cats (mine and others) who lust after birds. $7 well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graham Thomas is the most prolific flowerer for me, too. Just covered with buds again for a huge second summer flush.

    ReplyDelete