Saturday, December 21, 2013

Today

Today I got stuck in to my neglected front garden. The front bed is infested with twitch and is hell to get out, so the management plan is to weed it, then mulch it heavily. I've also put in some winter (!) vegetables, leeks, onions, celery in the vegetable garden. The yellow courgette has succumbed to virus and being eaten by something so that's gone. The weather changed this afternoon though, and now it is cold and windy. So I've gone to bed early. Les Nouveaux Riches (Mr Machinery) over the back fence have a loud party going, but I've got Christmas carols in my headphones so they can boomp, boomp all they like. I hate this time of year; every halfwit in the city thinks it's time to do silly things that normally they probably wouldn't. It's no coincidence that September is one of the most common months for babies to be born. I think of them, poor little things, being concieved left, right and centre, by parents who are too drunk, drugged or besotted to think about their actions. Still, twas ever thus, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. How I need to follow your example in the garden. Much weeding, pruning, mulching and general tidying is required. At the moment it is waaaay too hot, and I am not getting anything done. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete