Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sometimes weird things just stay in your mind...

Talking to a friend yesterday, who told me that there is a kind of fungus which parasitizes ants. This fungus takes over the brain of the ant and makes it travel to areas where the fungus is found, presumably to act as some kind of vector for the propagation of the fungus. There's so much in the world about which we just don't know.
    Together we went on to extend this into the human realm. Just supposing you have a fungus, athletes' foot for example. The athletes foot could invade your mind and direct you to hang around at shoe stores or public swimming pools, anyplace that your athletes' foot could propagate itself to other feet. I really hope that no one grafts the ant-mind fungus DNA onto human DNA or this could be the situation we will be faced with, an athletes' foot epidemic. I also bet that no one has thought of this for a sci-fi movie. It would be a kind of like a zombie movie, with people dragged unwillingly by their feet into shoe stores to try on as many shoes as possible.
   This topic stayed in my mind last night, I don't know why. I don't even know why I've wittered on about it. Weird.

2 comments:

  1. Now that is the equivalent of an ear worm. I suspect it is going to popping into my head all day, in all its ramifications. Interesting as it is, I am not sure that I am grateful for this piece of information...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's better than an advertising jingle though. Not an ear worm but a brain ant.

    ReplyDelete