Saturday, June 8, 2013

Thankful the day is over

Day from Hell at work today. One person sick and a mountain of work, plus every passive-aggressive female lunatic out in force. Perhaps the local asylum has had a clear-out. I wondered if it was full moon but it's the dark of the moon so perhaps this is just as bad. I'm fed up with having to be the little saint and hold my temper whenever the fuckwits who call themselves ratepayers come in and demand to be treated like royalty just because they pay me 0.00008 cents a year. I thought my frame of mind was improving but after a month back at the old workplace, I'm back to hating people again and popping antidepressants like Smarties. And it's not helped by well-meaning people who say things like "well, you're lucky to have a job'.... blah, blah. Yes, but I'm unlucky not to be a lotto winner, or a very rich person who has a life of doing as they please, so it's all a matter of perspective, in't it? I hate people who 'look on the bright side'; I want sympathy not censure!

4 comments:

  1. Some days are like that. I hope you can settle down with a cuppa, and a book. When I am forced to be polite to people who are determined to give me grief I wish painful hemmorhoids on them. Undignified and unpleasant, but in the scale of things trivial.
    I hope you evening is much, much better. Wine o'clock and a good book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hemmeroids! Thanks for this, I will think 'hemmeroids' from now on. I do have a rather good whisky that I intend to partake of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you,sister, In solidarity x

    ReplyDelete
  4. And people think librarians "just sit around and read all day". Oh I wish.

    ReplyDelete