Thursday, April 11, 2013

A gift! and odd musings

Opened the back door this morning to a gift from Thomas. A hare's foot, no kidding. We have no hares around here, so I guess he must have grabbed it out of someone's rubbish. At first I thought it was the remains of a rat, but it looked too weird, then I saw the toenails on it! Very peculiar. Of course, he loves it and plays with it. It's a pity he can't bring home some $100 notes.
    Going back to my old work place on Monday. My secondment time is up, and it's back to the future at the library. Don't really feel very positive about it, I hate going back to things once I've moved on. The good things are that I won't have to get up at sparrowfart, and won't have to drive into the madness of city roadworks that have made a Chinese puzzle out of Christchurch. The bad things are I'll have a lot more customers, all infected with the flu (I'm getting a shot) and more ghastly children who cough all over me. Better lay in a stock of Lomotil as well; I always seemed to have stomach bugs at the library, brought in by the ghastly children; there's always something "going around" the schools.
   Feel a bit tired of life at the moment, that feeling that you've seen enough and done enough and thought enough and felt enough to move on to your next incarnation. Sometimes I have to have a little lie down because I'm thinking too much and sleep is the only thing that turns my mind off. It would be amazing if you could have a holiday in another person's brain, but I can see it might not be very restful. Oh dear, I feel a lie down coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment