Friday, April 12, 2013

Today's pic; and morbid musings

 
Autumn - haul of Red Delicious apples from the garden. The basket is really old; it was made by my uncle when he was in a sanatorium recovering from TB after the seond world war. I'm careful not to leave it outside, I don't want it to rot. It's great for fruit picking. My uncle has been dead for many years (he died peacefully in his sleep) but the basket he made lives on, to be used and appreciated by a niece he never met. I do wonder what will happen to my 'stuff ' when I take the high jump. Probably all end up at the Salvation Army, but hopefully someone will get some use out of my things.
 
Two days off now, then back to work on Monday. I hope to finish some painting, plant some bulbs and perhaps take a daytrip somewhere if the weather is fine.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment