Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ibid

 
Today's random piccy: the walls of Este Castle, and the rose garden within the walls, taken on a warm early summer evening. It almost looks unreal, like a stage set for Romeo and Juliet, but it is real and authentic.
 
And the nightmare nearly came true. This morning I decided to park in a different car-park, Mainly because getting home from the other one is means running a gauntlet of obstacles. So I took another route, but missed both my first exit and my second. Alarmed to find I was beginning the run up to the motorway, I went down a side street and doubled back. But I was so tempted to just keep on driving; the sign said "Arthur's Pass --- xx kms" and I thought how pleasant it would be to spend the day driving to Arthur's. Perhaps a nice lunch, a little walk, and then stay the night, or go on to the Coast. One of these days I will do just that, be like Mole in the Wind in the Willows, and "hang spring cleaning", metaphorically speaking.
   I might even end up in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment