Monday, April 1, 2013

House not garden

Some views of my house instead of the garden. Special emphasis on lightshades.


Funny old standard lamp. Mum bought it for me at McKenzie and Willis' Trade-in store, which was a goldmine of good quality secondhand furniture, but now, like many things, turned to rubble.   It's a bit munted, because it fell over during the quake. I like it because it reminds me of a howdah umbrella, used by a maharaja on his elephant. And I like fringes. Wall is Resene Raspberry.

 
The peachy hall-way (Resene Romantic) looking into the Pale Leaf bedroom. The TV is going; NZ is switching to digital, but as I don't watch TV I'm not going to bother buying a new one. The shell lampshade was a find at Redcliffs School Fair, tucked under one of the trestles. Bought it home, put it up, and it looked like it had been there all along.
 
 
The laundry which doubles as a flower-room - vases stacked on  high shelves. Not very earthquake-savvy, but my solution to having them cluttering up the kitchen cupboards. Note large pile of ironing - I hate ironing and put it off forever. Trim is Spring Green.
 
 
Bedroom complete with Thomas in sunlight. Macrame lightshade from St Mark's Church Fair. Pink handbag from library lost property, and white ewer from the old family house in Lyttelton. It was discovered in the coal-cellar, keeping company with a brass kettle.


 
View from the entry porch, which also doubles as a painting/drawing room. Roses are Whisky and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment