Friday, April 26, 2013

The mini-flu

I've had a real shocker of a cold the last four days, the kind that makes me feel really ill. I had a flu shot, and yes I know, they say you can't get the flu from the vaccine, but then they would, wouldn't they? All I know is this is not an ordinary cold. It peaked last night around12-2, and I wished I could die. Couldn't sleep in any position except sitting propped up with pillows, because my nose would just block and I'd wake up gasping for breath, a minute or so afer I'd dozed off. I'd already had a sleepless night the night before, but managed to nap during the day. Each day has had a different torture; day one, very sore throat, day two, blocked sinuses and running nose, day three, blocked nose. Today, it's gone to my chest so no doubt I'll have a sleepless night again, coughing. All these joys are accompanied by a throbbing head and aching face and throat. It even hurts to wear my glasses.
     Today I still have the aching throat and headache, with a feeling of whole-body weakness. I couldn't pull the skin off a custard, as my Mum used to say.
     Can't get the flu from the vaccine, bollocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment